Friday, January 15, 2010

The wrong SHOES to shop in!

THE shoes not to wear when going shopping: loose fitting slides (bad for the back, hips and stride) boots that are too tight (ugh) and Black leather Pointed-toe sling backs with a 3 inch heel.

Some Fridays...because it is the end of the work week... you do that little extra special dress up, shoes and all. Well I had a Friday such as this, I had on my Gloria Vanderbilt (make my booty look good jeans), my Lavender Swede jacket, a purple long sleeve top, and a pink soft cotton scarf (all weather appropriate). I was a fashion vision (cutely shopper that I am) and to finish off the look I had on a pair of pointed toe 3 inch heels.

As things would have it I was able to leave work early and meet my daughter at Starbucks for a little "R -n- R" , refreshments and a little girl chit chat. We decided to go do some quick shop-looking. My fashion look was still going on, she was just as cutely (smile) and although my shoes had been comfortable during my work day... THEY were starting to be UN-comfortable. We continued to look around and 45 minutes to an hour later, we left our shopping Mecca and went to another location before heading home. And I must tell you, the shoes I was wearing were not meant for an extended day of shop-looking. By the time I got in the car on my way home I had shooting pains in my toes, they were numb. When I arrived home, and took off my shoes I fully expected to see bloody toes... sitting and massaging my toes for a full 15 minutes, the feeling finally came back.

Love the shoes, but will not wear them again to do shopping in, always be prepared, keep a spare pair of flats in the car for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment